Things never go as I planned.
This is my new life motto. Seriously.
This is my passage, James 4: 13-15:
13Come
now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a
city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.”
14Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.
15Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.”
It's so funny to me how many times that I have had to live this out for it to stick. My friend said to me this week, "Pruning is painful." It was painful in the beginning, but now I just can't help but laugh and be glad that I am not in control.
Over a year ago we started the process of selecting an agency. I acted so crazy-hurried to try to get this process rolling, and yet I got blocked again and again.
I love the patience that I have gained from this experience. I can see that this last year has been a great time of growing and we are in a much better place (more than place of residence, but yeah, that too) than we were a year ago.
Anyway, so funny story... The person we were working with at our agency is no longer employed there. I got a call today from the lady who has the unfortunate job of organizing all the other lady's contacts and files. I don't know for sure yet, but it seems that a majority of our paperwork and information was never put in our file. Luckily, a lot of our stuff was scanned and emailed to the previous worker, so we will be able to forward it all to the new person. I think the worst case scenario would be that we will have more training hours to complete. The social worker said she was hoping for licensing by mid-April, but now I'm not sure if she said homestudy by mid-April or all the way done by mid-April. That seems fast.
Anyway, I'd be fine if it took a little longer so I'm not doing all this and writing papers at the same time, but things never go as I planned.
No comments:
Post a Comment