Friday, March 23, 2012

Orientation Meeting Set

Good morning!

I was up until 3am on the internet last night, and this morning I woke up with crazy allergies! Awesome.

Get to point, ok...

So, we have decided that we would like to pursue adoption through Hope Cottage in Dallas. I emailed them Wednesday night to let them know we would like to set up an orientation time.

After getting some really good, first hand experience information, Matt and I both felt like Hope Cottage was a good choice. Last night I found their blog and this page on the "old" blog, and I just am loving Hope Cottage. On the old blog they did a feature on Tuesdays where they have pictures of Hope Cottage babies from the past (HC started in 1918) and babies recently adopted from HC. I am always a sucker for old pictures, and I really love the old black & white pics of the families who adopted from Hope Cottage. And I totally cried. It just really hit me that these people back in the 20s went through some of what we (and some of my friends) are going through, and back in a time when things were not talked about as they are now. I felt sorry for them, but I also felt happy for them! These babies (some of which were literally left on the HC doorstep in a basket) joined families! I really felt that Hope Cottage is like a family, like they really feel like they are putting up pictures of their babies to brag on them. I love it, and I love the history there.

Ok, so I will try to not get weepy with every post, sorry. More than anything, I wanted some of my friends to feel the encouragement that they are not alone. (seriously, go look at the blog)

Ok, so back to the post title again...

I got a phone call this morning from HC, and we set up an orientation meeting for next Friday, March 30! My first thought getting off the phone was, "What am I going to wear??!?! I should set it aside today!" Hahaha. This meeting is basically a "get to know you and see if we like each other" type meeting and from there we can choose fill out an application.

So, there is a slight hang up, though... They said they only take 15-20 waiting families at a time, so that they can try to place them all in a year. The spots are currently all filled, but the woman I spoke with didn't seem too phased by that. I don't know what happens if they are all filled - a waiting list to wait, maybe?? haha! I'm sure we will find out more about that next week.

So, I'm hoping and praying that a spot opens up soon, and that things just fall into place. I would really enjoy it if things just fell into place, but I also know that things rarely happen the way we think they will. That being said, we can see how the bits and pieces have worked together and brought us to a great place in our lives and we wouldn't change a thing! Matt and I both laugh that our life together wouldn't be nearly as interesting or great if things worked out the way we thought they would! :)

1 comment:

  1. We will pray with you that a spot would open up soon! That you wouldn't have to "wait to wait!" :)

    ReplyDelete